Fix Supercell Game's Force Close Problem

As far as I remember the latest HayDay update arrived somewhere in June and I don't play games but my little brother updated it from Play Store and when he launched it, it crashed right after loading screen and every time he launches it gets crashed right after the loading screen. He tried clearing data, reinstalling, checked Supercell Forum for solutions and also contacted Supercell regarding the error but they came out to be of NO HELP and some suggested that he should reset his phone and most of the time it worked for them but it is not easy to reset a phone loose all data or waste hours on making backup so the workaround must be somewhat easier and time-saving

Just to help him, I took his phone for a day and tried to find solution I launched the game and as usual it crashed and in my gaming periods if I were to encounter any related problem I simply check Google Play Services first to see if something has tampered or not and when I checked in his phone I couldn't see his Google Advertising ID and for a while I thought this could be a problem if we think about the fact that Supercell's games generate revenues from advertisements and in app purchases only, so assuming this a problem I looked for "hosts" file in /system/etc folder and I found that the file was manipulated by some adblocker and it probably the main cause of the problem so I simply deleted the file and reboot the phone and relaunched the game and Viola! it worked

The only problem was that the game couldn't identify the Advertising ID and when it tried to download ads with faulty ID it breaks the default working mechanism of the game and then it will crash itself automatically to prevent further problems. Although I explained up there about the cause of the problem and its solution I think I should write a step by step instruction just to be sure for every viewer.

Instructions!
  • Use any advanced file manager like X-Plore
  • Grant root permission and allow to write mounts
  • Look for "hosts" file in /system/etc/ folder
  • Delete the file
  • Reboot
Notes!
  • The whole process requires root
  • This method may work with every Supercell games
  • If you don't have root access in your then resetting the phone will be the only solution I think
  • The errors in an application could be caused by any external interference, incompatibility issues or other reasons, don't consider this an only specific one as it was in just my case, it could be different in yours
I'm sorry for posting late as I'm quite busy and hardly able to make time for but still if you've any problem you can drop that down in the comments section and I will surely try to reply as soon as possible. Till then Happy Gaming :) 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment